Thursday, February 22, 2007

Take the H2O challenge

Here's a great Lenten or any other season challenge: Take the H2O Challenge. What is it? For two weeks drink only water as your beverage and take all the money you save and give it to The H2O Project, which drills wells in Africa, India and China so that children and families can have fresh water.

A child dies every 15 seconds somewhere in the world because he or she either doesn't have water or drinks polluted / parasitic infested water. That's 4 children a minute die because they don't have water! You can do something about it today.

I'm looking for someone to pick up this ball and run with it at our church. Contact me here if you are interested.

6 comments:

Halfmom said...

Here's a blog entry from a NY city Cru staffer - I think you will find it very interesting and encouraging.

http://www.xanga.com/LCKoch21/571647779/questioning-evangelism.html

Craver Vii said...

I can’t imagine that the money saved in two weeks would amount to very much. What benefit would there be in a small donation?

ChosenRebel said...

Actually, it would add up pretty fast for me. For example: No milk with my cookies, etc. ($.20 / glass)No cans of soda at home ($.25 / can). No organge juice in the morning ($.25 / 8 oz). No pop from soda machine ($.75-1.00 / can or bottle). No sports drinks ($1 / bottle). No coffee from a restuarant, convenience store or donut shop, etc. I would add, no bottled water either. Replace all of those for two weeks with the water provided at the resturants you frequent and tap water from your home. It will add up quick (and probably help all of us lose some weight besides!)

ChosenRebel said...

Halfmom, couldn't log into the site you suggested.

Craver Vii said...

(laughing) I was actually fishing for a different answer. What I wanted was for you to say something like, "X amount of our dollars is enough pay for such-and-such."

ChosenRebel said...

My bad. My mind reading skills are diminishing with age.

$10 will help to drill a well for clean water and supply water for one person for life!