I have found a wonderful online program (Librarything.com) that allows me to catalog my entire library and keep better track of the resources I use forministry. I'm closing in on cataloging the approximately 4000 volumes lining my shelves (3,411 and counting). It has been a remarkable time of discovery.
- I own way to many books.
- I need to find a way to get the great ones into the hands of men and women eager and ready to apply them to their lives.
- Some of these books I will never use again. Sell them or give them away.
- I have 18 books that are 100 years old or more.
- One of the biggest categories of books I have are biographies. They inspire me.
- This program will make it so much easier to keep track of who I have lent books to.
- I have got to develop a "reread list."
Here's a great quote from a book with a very 70's cover from a writer most haven't heard about. The book: The Upstream Christian in a Downstream World, by Charles Dunn. The quote:
"Christianity's greatest moments, beginning with Jesus Christ and the early church, have always been while going upstream against the currents of culture."Swim upstream brothers and sisters. Swim against the tide of a culture that wants to rip the heart out of your faith. Live passionately for and like Jesus.