What is not clear:
- Where is the most strategic place to live to do that?
- What is the best job to have to do that?
- What seminary offers the most open doors to do that?
- Is there a group of seminaries, Bible colleges and Christian colleges that would be strategic to live near?
- Should I plant another church to provide an incubator for church planters?
- Would it be wiser to plant with a reduced role from what I did when I planted New Song so that I am freer to coach and mentor others?
- About 200 other questions
- Offer to preach for 3-4 weeks in Indonesia.
- Offer to preach a 4 message retreat for a Chinese church.
- Had interview for an EFCA Church Planting Director position for one of the EFCA districts.
- Contacting another district that currently has no Church Planting Director.
- Have been invited to consider coming to yet another district in the EFCA.
- Have been challenged to consider planting a church in the Great Lakes District but closer to Trinity Seminary.
Steps I will be taking soon:
- July 10: Meeting with a key pastor and a friend to explore the planting of a church near TEDS perhaps as early as Spring 2010. Meeting at noon.
- July 28: Acting as a guest griller at the Mongolian BBQ in support of the Crisis Pregnancy Center.
- August 1-2: Going to a support raising bootcamp.
- August 11-12: Part of the teaching team for the Second Annual Transformational Expository Preaching Seminar.
- August 18-22: Going to a Dynamic Church Planting International (DCPI) training event.
- August 23: Going to the Turn-Around Summit Conference on church planting.
- Reading 1036 pages due for my first Doctor of Ministry class in November. (Have completed about 35% so far)
- Taking two prayer retreats. One in mid July. One in early September.
Please keep us in prayer especially during and for the prayer retreats.