Thursday, December 29, 2005

My heart rose today.

My heart rose today. But so did my fear. My fear was that the rising in my heart was externally produced by great music, wonderful words, anxiety about my children, discouragment over my spiritual progress, lack of sleep and a tendency toward sentimentality rather than a passionate desire to be holy and a real Spirit-wrought yearning for Christ.

And so my prayer today is that God would make this rising in my heart to worship more than external, if that is all it is---that He would overpower and subdue my heart so radically that refreshing and joy and passion for Christ would be from the depths of my being. Oh God, make it so. Don't let this day pass without drawing me closer.

Those who might read this, please pray for me. Pray that my whole life would be a testimony of a God-intoxicated vision. Pray that I would yearn for God, more than success, comfort, fame, respect or any other substitute for God.

No comments: