Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pieces of the Puzzle Falling in Place

'So God is calling you away from New Song to devote more of your time to training and mentoring young church planters and to work at helping to accelerate a church planting movement in the United states and beyond. What does that look like?"

Lord willing ...
  • First, I will be working on a DMin at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
  • Second, I will be pursuing Master Trainer Certification with Dynamic Church Planting International (DCPI).
  • Third, I will be taking some time off to listen to God and hear more of his plan for the future.
  • Fourth, I will be going to a support-raising bootcamp in Florida for two days in August to brush up on those skills and beginning the process of raising support.
  • Fifth, I will be visiting many of the church planters I have mentored to encourage and learn from them.
  • Sixth, I will be packing up my office and its 4000 books, some for storage, and others that I anticipate needing in the next 14 months.
  • Seventh, doing some guest preaching and speaking in various churches.
  • Eighth, I will be continuing to do all the kinds of things that I have done for 18 years to reach my friends and neighbors with the gospel.

I also know some things I won't or don't think I will be doing.

  • I won't be planting a church in the next 14 months.
  • I won't be moving from Bolingbrook in the next 14 months.
  • I won't be taking on another pastorate.

I might ...

  • Plant another church, closer to Trinity Theological Divinity School in the year 2010.
  • Travel to Thailand and India to speak at a church planting conference in November.
  • Work with the Evangelical Free Church of America speaking and training church planters for North America.

So, keep praying for us and the new adventure that we as a family are beginning. And please pray for New Song Church in the new adventure that she enters.

Learning new levels of trust.

Pastor Marty

6 comments:

Tim Etherington said...

This is exciting Marty! I spent time praying for you this morning on the train. A DMin, huh? Yea, that'd work. :)

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Marty,

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I am excited for what the LORD is going to do in and through you.

Of all the great things I learned from you the one that has affected me most is the importance of Personal Prayer Retreats. I go for three days once a quarter and it has been amazing.

Thanks for you commitment to the gospel and to church planters. You are bearing fruit in Brainerd, MN through me and the teaching I received from you.

Be encouraged and go for it Marty!!!

ChosenRebel said...

From Paul Becker:

"Marty,

After reading your blogspot, I believe that your future will have even greater impact for the Kingdom of God than your years at New Song.

Please give our love to Steph and the kids!

May God bless you, brother!

Paul Becker
Founder and President
Dynamic Church Planting International"

ChosenRebel said...

Tim: Thanks, pray for me please.

Steve: You have no idea how much it means to me that prayer and prayer retreat discipline is one of your best memories. Thanks for the encouragment brother.

Paul: I pray it is so. Thanks for all your support through the years.

Lara said...

How exciting! Any plans for writing? I've kept watch this year for your "Election Year" book and haven't heard anything.

Lara

Unknown said...

Welcome to Trinity! I work here at the Mansion and would just like to say that any fan of Dorothy L. Sayers is a friend of mine. I hope that this big life change will be blessed by the Lord!