Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Back

Finally back in town after 6 day trip to Asia and a 10 day trip to the East coast of the US. While on the east coast I got to visit with former students, HS and College friends, and care for my ailing mother. On Sunday night I got to spend some time with two HS track buddies and our HS track coach. I love those guys. I have tried hard to stay in touch with them over the years and it was great to see them and swap stories. I look forward to doing it again.

I also was able to raise some support as I shared the ministry that God is calling me to in the next chapter of our lives as a family. And I even got to speak at the University of Maryland Campus Crusade for Christ meeting. "Cru" as it is now called was exciting and sobering at the same time. I realized that I was the only one in the room who was alive the year I took my last class at the University of Maryland. Wow.

But now it is back to the effort of raising the dollars needed to accomplish the ministry. Today I will make some phone calls to people who I have challenged to pray about joining with us and try to tie up some loose ends in my schedule and take a few days off for Thanksgiving.

Today a POD is supposed to arrive in my driveway so that we can begin the process of packing up for an eventual move to Mundelein/ Vernon Hills.
  1. Prayer request: Have been invited to teach a group of 50 church planters in Dallas in January(19-22). Need to discern God's will about taking the time from support raising to go there.
  2. Prayer request: Effective prep time for the class I will teach at TEDS on Church planting beginning in January (23).
  3. Prayer request: Good thinking as I write the final paper for the doctoral class I took in early November.